Light Unit Goals
1) What is light?
- Be able to describe strengths and weaknesses of the two models of light.
- Be able to give effective examples showing the strengths of each model.
2) How light behaves
- What are primary, secondary and complementary colors.
- How are colors produced by dispersion, addition and subtraction of light.
- What is the law of reflection.
- Be able to locate images and make ray diagrams for reflection from flat mirrors.
- What is it?
- What is Snell’s Law
- How did we determine a law for refraction?
- Be able to solve problems and draw ray diagrams, including for complete internal reflection.
- Be able to draw ray diagrams for converging and diverging lenses.
- Identify images as real or virtual.
Sections in book: most of chapters 16-19
Homework Sets Due: 3/7, 3/13, 4/4
Refraction Lab due 3/14
Particle Model Lab due 3/19
Bev Cleary Presentations4/16